I received this recipe from the Petermann Family and so glad they shared it with me as it is now a favorite!
1 lb Ground Beef
3/4 cup Diced Onion
3/4 cup Shredded or Chopped Carrots
3/4 cup Diced Celery
1 tsp Dried Basil
1 tsp Dried Parsley Flakes
4 Tbsp Butter/Margarine (divided)
3 cups Chicken Broth
4 cups Diced, Peeled Potatoes ( we didn’t peel them this last time and was good as well)
1/4 cup Flour
8oz Velveeta, cubed
1-1 1/2 cup Milk
3/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1. Brown Ground Beef in Pot
2. Remove beef from pot and in the same pot; saute onion, carrots, celery, basil, and parsley in 1 Tbsp butter until vegetables are tender (Approx 10 min)
3. Add broth, potatoes, and ground beef.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender
4. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt the remaining butter and add flour and mix.
5. Add to soup and return to a boil.
Cook and Stir for 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to low.
6. Add Velveeta, milk, salt, & pepper.
Cook until cheese melts but DO NOT BOIL
7. Remove from heat and blend in Sour Cream